There has been much chatter recently about whether detox is healthy. There are as many supporters as there are those who oppose the practice.
Speaking from a personal point of view, I am a fan of detoxing.
One of the ways in which I try to regain clarity is by clearing out the old. For me, this process is necessary to my total state of well being. Whether I perform a juice cleanse or clean out my closet, doing away with that which no longer serves me is an important part of living a self-approved and fulfilling life.
Here are some of my (obligatory) favorite ways to get clear:
1. juice cleanse: Yes, you are what you eat, but you are also what you do not eliminate.
I like Juice Press (juice press.cpm), Organic Avenue (organic avenue.com), Liquiteria (liquiteria.com), and Heartbeet Juicery (heartbeetjuicery.com);
2. spring cleaning: This involves clearing out all closets and cabinets, and typically results in donations to charitable organizations (or friends and family who appreciate my style). I repeat twice yearly;
3. desk clearing: I schedule time every week to clear my desk at the office. A clean desk is a requisite to productivity;
4. face time: Regularly scheduled facials with microdermabrasion alternating with a chemical peel shed dull, non-viable skin cells and help my skin to glow;
5. people: Some people may be in your life for a reason, season, or lifetime. When it begins to feel as if none of those scenarios is healthy or enjoyable, I do my best to move on.
Let me know how you gain clarity in your life.
Stay Beautiful– inside and out!